A date for this has been fixed and accomodation booked. We will be going to Littlehampton in West Sussex and will have exclusive use of the YHA hostel for the weekend. Further details, costs and registration etc will be announced soon! But in the meanwhile save the date Friday 6th-Sunday 8th October 2023.
Author Archives: PF
Run 1898 – Thursday Sept 1st ~ Paddington
Hare – RoadKill
This week’s run will be from The Monkey Puzzle, 30 Southwick St, Paddington, W2 1JQ Map Link. The nearest station is Paddington and there will be a trail of chalk P arrows from the Praed Street subway entrance, next to the main station on junction with London Street, to help you find this pub. The run will start from the pub at our usual time of 19.15 hours and the pub will give us an unsecured private area of the bar, blocked off with chairs, to leave our bags for its duration.
Marlow Away Day, Sunday 31 July
Registration for this is now closed. Those who have registered will receive an email from the G.M. to confirm pick locations and times.
CLAWS Christmas Party
The various Hash Social Sex have put their heads together and now have a great venue lined up for a night full of music and dancing (DJ), games, prizes, and of course down downs.
The fancy-dress theme this year is: Come as your Hash Name – or someone else’s!
Date: Saturday 4th Dec (6pm)
Location: Battersea Barge
Early bird ticket price: £25 (before 31 Oct, will go up to £30 after this date and £35 on the door). Ticket includes pizza and nibbles and two drinks.
To register for the CLAWS Christmas Part click on This link
On registration you will be able to request a link to pay online, or you can pay in cash at the next hash. For any questions, get in touch with Casting Slouch, or any of the other Social Sex.
New West London Hoodies
The new West London Hash Hoodies are now available from our Hash Haberdash Man Magnet, for more details click Here
New West London Hash Hoodies
Prices are now agreed with the printers for WLH3 Hoodies and include the cost of the garment, the West London Logo embroidered on the front left-hand side of the hoodie and the graphic as shown below on the back. If you would like your name printed on the back under Hash House Harriers, this will be an additional £3 to the following:
Ladies Zip Hoodie JH 055 (£25)
Men’s Zip Hoodie JH 050 (£26)
Unisex Pullover Hoodie JH 001 (£22)
The prices are based on a bulk order – to benefit from this Man magnets needs to place an order by mid-October.
If you are interested in purchasing a Hoodie, can you please Contact Man Magnet with the following information:
Garment, quantity, size, colour and what name you would like if you want one and whether you want black or white graphic on the back (your choice and will depend on the colour of the Hoodie you pick). Please see the example below.
Garment Quantity Size Colour Name Graphic Colour
Black or White
Ladies Zip Hoodie JH055 (£25)
1 M Blue (8) Silent K
(Note this is £3 extra) White
Men’s Zip Hoodie JH 050 (£26)
Orange (17) Black
Unisex Pullover Hoodie JH 001 £22 (ladies) Electric Green (19) Black
Unisex Pullover Hoodie
JH 001 £22 (mens) Light Blue (21) Black
When choosing the colour please count from the top row in the samples shown in the garment descriptions below to arrive at the number shown in the examples above as well as the colour.
Indicative sizes related to chest sizes are also shown below.
If you would like to see the garments in more detail, please go to upperandlower.co.uk for the online catalogue for more details. Please note that the prices shown in the pictures below are for one garment only and exclude VAT.
Please pay on line to the WLH3 Bank account or contactless to the Hash Cash when you let me know your order.
Back to Normality
The mismanagement had a virtual meeting on Monday 12 July to review the approach to the regular Thursday night West London runs with the easing of Covid restrictions on the 19 July and they agreed on the following:_
- We will go back to having a circle in the pub with down downs. The Hare should try to get the pub to agree to this, if the pub will not agree then the Hare should try to arrange for a drink stop, a budget of £60 for this will be financed from Hash funds. If we have a circle in the pub the hash cash or other committee member will pay for the down downs.
- Hares should try to agree a bag drop with the pub. If this is not possible they must let the Hare Raiser and weekly email know so that hashers can be warned in advance.
- Advanced Registration for runs is no longer mandatory, however, it as it has proved useful for Haberdash, Hash Cash and providing the Hare with an indicative pack size we will continue to encourage registration and the link will continue to appear in the weekly and on website, so please continue to register if you can.
- We continue to only take card payment for all hash fees, including the weekly run fee for those without annual membership.
- We will revert to the pack starting the run together at 19.15 hours, as it was before the pandemic. Hares should endeavor to keep the pack together by using traditional haring techniques such as checks, false trails and short cuts for walkers, and arrange for checks to marked through after they have been called.
- The Hare raiser must be notified in advance of any special arrangements for the run which vary from the above and these will be announced in the weekly e-mail and on the website ahead of time.
- Runs should start from the pub again unless impractical. The Hare Raiser should be notified in advance if a run is to be an A to B and this will be clearly stated in the weekly email.
- The weekly email announcing runs will continue to be sent at the beginning of the week and any derogation from the above protocols which the pack may need know about should be notified to the West London weekly email address by the Hare by the Monday before the run at the latest.
Brandenburg Christmas concert online on 16th and 17th December
Pyles and Hands On are in a Brandenburg Christmas concert online on 16th and 17th December via Zoom there are concerts at 2pm and 5.30 on the 16th and 2pm and 7.30 on the 17th. They will bee singing Berlioz The Shepherds Farewell, and one or two other pieces as well as carols for choir and audience.
The pre-recorded musical content will include familiar audience carols singing along with the Brandenburg Camino Choir as well as Christmas-related music and a few more unusual carol settings by the professional choir of St Bartholomew the Great. Instrumental support will include the organ, piano, harp and trumpet. The programme will be interspersed with seasonal readings.
Delivery will be via Zoom. (no technical knowledge required – just click on the link supplied).
A pdf programme will be supplied to be printed at home together with tips to enhance the quality of audio delivery in the home.
In the interval concert-goers can come off mute, mingle, drink a mulled wine (recipe supplied) and nibble a mince pie. This will take place in small breakout rooms, each hosted by a member of the Brandenburg Team to create a genuine social event.
Tickets available at http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/Brandenburg-camino If you use the discount code CAMINO then they will be just £5
More details available at https://www.brandenburg.org.uk/christmas
Run no 1803 Thursday 16 July-Kew Bridge
This week WLH3 will resume running in a socially distanced way. Please register using
this link if you intend to come, but read the following information first.
Registration- You must register by mid-day on Wednesday.
Location –The run will be from the Express Tavern by Kew Bridge map link. Your hare is Pope.
Travel-To comply with government guidelines on non-essential travel on public transport please endeavour to make your way there under your own steam. We will have runs from other locations in the coming weeks.
Bags-There will NOT be a bag drop. You will have to carry anything you need.
Running-We will not run as a pack. Please set off on arrival at the Express Tavern between 7 and 7.30pm (do not go into the pub). There will be checks but they will be very short. Please do not mark them through.
Drinks stop-There will be a drinks stop close to the end of the run. Please ensure you maintain a 2 metre distance between you and other hashers at the stop.
Pub-If you wish to go to the pub after the run/drinks stop you must indicate that you want to go on the registration form, or risk disappointment (the pub will not let you in if our tables are full with those that have registered). We have booked a few outside tables in the pub beer garden and will add more if their is sufficient demand. But this cannot be done on the day. You must include your contact details on the registration form if you want to go to the pub.
Hash cash-There will be no run fees for this run. If it is successful and we carry on running, future runs will be by card payment only. Suspended memberships will re-commence on first attendance after this run.
West London Hash House Harriers Away Weekend 2020 and run no 1815, 29-31 May at Waterloo, Belgium!
Staying at IBIS Brussels Centre Gare di Midi; 2 night with Breakfast
Travel by Eurostar leaving around 3 P.M. on Friday
Possible pub crawl on Friday Night
on Saturday Joint run with Local hash followed by evening meal
Sunday Hangover run
Cost : £200
Deposit £70; balance by April 2020 Contact Pope firstname.lastname@example.org