The mismanagement had a virtual meeting on Monday 12 July to review the approach to the regular Thursday night West London runs with the easing of Covid restrictions on the 19 July and they agreed on the following:_
- We will go back to having a circle in the pub with down downs. The Hare should try to get the pub to agree to this, if the pub will not agree then the Hare should try to arrange for a drink stop, a budget of £60 for this will be financed from Hash funds. If we have a circle in the pub the hash cash or other committee member will pay for the down downs.
- Hares should try to agree a bag drop with the pub. If this is not possible they must let the Hare Raiser and weekly email know so that hashers can be warned in advance.
- Advanced Registration for runs is no longer mandatory, however, it as it has proved useful for Haberdash, Hash Cash and providing the Hare with an indicative pack size we will continue to encourage registration and the link will continue to appear in the weekly and on website, so please continue to register if you can.
- We continue to only take card payment for all hash fees, including the weekly run fee for those without annual membership.
- We will revert to the pack starting the run together at 19.15 hours, as it was before the pandemic. Hares should endeavor to keep the pack together by using traditional haring techniques such as checks, false trails and short cuts for walkers, and arrange for checks to marked through after they have been called.
- The Hare raiser must be notified in advance of any special arrangements for the run which vary from the above and these will be announced in the weekly e-mail and on the website ahead of time.
- Runs should start from the pub again unless impractical. The Hare Raiser should be notified in advance if a run is to be an A to B and this will be clearly stated in the weekly email.
- The weekly email announcing runs will continue to be sent at the beginning of the week and any derogation from the above protocols which the pack may need know about should be notified to the West London weekly email address by the Hare by the Monday before the run at the latest.
All West London runs continue to be suspended during the current National Lock Down. In the meanwhile we invite our members to do their own run, local to their home, at any time on Thursday, our normal run day, and take photos during their run to post on our Whatsapp chat group along a set theme. The Spring Equinox fell on Saturday, and Man Magnet has chosen this, together with all it’s pagan connotations, as the theme for this week’s photo challenge. There will not be be a Zoom Circle this week. We hope to resume real Hash runs again next week, on Thursday 1 April, with a trail in Pinner, hared by Mad Cow. In order to stay safe, and legal, the rules that we applied under the tier 2 restrictions will again apply, i.e. preregistration will required, no pub or bag drop and staggered starts in groups of not more than six.
Pyles and Hands On are in a Brandenburg Christmas concert online on 16th and 17th December via Zoom there are concerts at 2pm and 5.30 on the 16th and 2pm and 7.30 on the 17th. They will bee singing Berlioz The Shepherds Farewell, and one or two other pieces as well as carols for choir and audience.
The pre-recorded musical content will include familiar audience carols singing along with the Brandenburg Camino Choir as well as Christmas-related music and a few more unusual carol settings by the professional choir of St Bartholomew the Great. Instrumental support will include the organ, piano, harp and trumpet. The programme will be interspersed with seasonal readings.
Delivery will be via Zoom. (no technical knowledge required – just click on the link supplied).
A pdf programme will be supplied to be printed at home together with tips to enhance the quality of audio delivery in the home.
In the interval concert-goers can come off mute, mingle, drink a mulled wine (recipe supplied) and nibble a mince pie. This will take place in small breakout rooms, each hosted by a member of the Brandenburg Team to create a genuine social event.
Tickets available at http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/Brandenburg-camino If you use the discount code CAMINO then they will be just £5
More details available at https://www.brandenburg.org.uk/christmas
To take place in Uganda in the cities of Kampala and Jinja, for more details see their website https://pahkampala2021.com/
This week WLH3 will resume running in a socially distanced way. Please register using
this link if you intend to come, but read the following information first.
Registration- You must register by mid-day on Wednesday.
Location –The run will be from the Express Tavern by Kew Bridge map link. Your hare is Pope.
Travel-To comply with government guidelines on non-essential travel on public transport please endeavour to make your way there under your own steam. We will have runs from other locations in the coming weeks.
Bags-There will NOT be a bag drop. You will have to carry anything you need.
Running-We will not run as a pack. Please set off on arrival at the Express Tavern between 7 and 7.30pm (do not go into the pub). There will be checks but they will be very short. Please do not mark them through.
Drinks stop-There will be a drinks stop close to the end of the run. Please ensure you maintain a 2 metre distance between you and other hashers at the stop.
Pub-If you wish to go to the pub after the run/drinks stop you must indicate that you want to go on the registration form, or risk disappointment (the pub will not let you in if our tables are full with those that have registered). We have booked a few outside tables in the pub beer garden and will add more if their is sufficient demand. But this cannot be done on the day. You must include your contact details on the registration form if you want to go to the pub.
Hash cash-There will be no run fees for this run. If it is successful and we carry on running, future runs will be by card payment only. Suspended memberships will re-commence on first attendance after this run.
Hursley H3 Would like to invite all WLH3 Hashers to their 30th Birthday weekend on 15th to 17th May 2020 camping in the beautiful New Forest near Lymington. Registration is now live on their website http://hursleyh3.co.uk or you can print off an old fashioned rego & post it along with payment. Reg costs £70/head until end of Dec, then goes up more details on their website.
Staying at IBIS Brussels Centre Gare di Midi; 2 night with Breakfast
Travel by Eurostar leaving around 3 P.M. on Friday
Possible pub crawl on Friday Night
on Saturday Joint run with Local hash followed by evening meal
Sunday Hangover run
Cost : £200
Deposit £70; balance by April 2020 Contact Pope firstname.lastname@example.org
Not a Hash event but a running, camping and music festival, taking place 22-24th May 2020 at Windsor Great Park. The festival plays host to top talent and running legends and invites you to enjoy a weekend of running like no other – from timed races including a 2.5k, 3k, 5k, 10k and half marathon to suit every ability, through to madness and mayhem with our Fun Run, Neon Night Run and all new for 2020: -The Party Run! More details available here and some videos from last years event here
. Tickets go on sale on the 25th September at 8am
Noon to 22.30 both days, for more info and tickets see this link and/or speak to Pope.
From 18.30, for tickets and more info follow This Link