The various Hash Social Sex have put their heads together and now have a great venue lined up for a night full of music and dancing (DJ), games, prizes, and of course down downs.
The fancy-dress theme this year is: Come as your Hash Name – or someone else’s!
Date: Saturday 4th Dec (6pm)
Location: Battersea Barge
Early bird ticket price: £25 (before 31 Oct, will go up to £30 after this date and £35 on the door). Ticket includes pizza and nibbles and two drinks.
To register for the CLAWS Christmas Part click on This link
On registration you will be able to request a link to pay online, or you can pay in cash at the next hash. For any questions, get in touch with Casting Slouch, or any of the other Social Sex.
The new West London Hash Hoodies are now available from our Hash Haberdash Man Magnet, for more details click Here
Hare – 2 A.M.
This week’s run will be from The Magpie and Crown, 128 High Street, Brentford, TW8 8EW Map Link. The nearest station is Brentford mainline and there will be a trail of chalk P arrows from there to help you find this pub. The run will start from the pub at our usual 19.15 hours, the pub will provide bag storage. This will be an Halloween themed run and the pub will be suitably adorned, so wear something spooky. There will be a drink stop on trail. By the time we get back from the run much of the spare seating will be outside around heaters, so dress warm, and there will be a house veg chilli for a fiver served at 9pm (pay by card).
Although advance registration for West London’s run is no longer mandatory it is still encouraged as it gives the Hare an indicative pack size in advance for drink stops etc and has been useful to the Hash Cash as an aid to keeping stats and collecting subs so if you plan to come on this run please register by clicking on This Link.
Hares – Smart Arse & Charlatan
The run will be from The Eagle, 250 Ladbroke Grove, London W10 5LP map link. The nearest station is Ladbroke Grove Tube on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines and there will be trail of chalk P arrows from there to help you find this pub. Buses 23, 52, 70, 228 and 295 stop at St. Charles Square very close to the pub. The run will start from the pub at our usual 19.15 Hours. The Hares have arranged bag storage at the pub and a reserved area for the Hash to enjoy the selection of three real ales that the manager has promised will be available, and there will be a drink stop towards the end of the trail. Bring a torch as some of the trail will be off road.
With the lifting of many Covid restrictions registration for West London runs is no longer mandatory but is still encouraged as it gives the Hare an indicative pack size in advance to advise the pub and registration has been useful to the Hash Cash as an aid to keeping stats and collecting subs so if you plan to come on this run please register by clicking on This Link.
The mismanagement had a virtual meeting on Monday 12 July to review the approach to the regular Thursday night West London runs with the easing of Covid restrictions on the 19 July and they agreed on the following:_
- We will go back to having a circle in the pub with down downs. The Hare should try to get the pub to agree to this, if the pub will not agree then the Hare should try to arrange for a drink stop, a budget of £60 for this will be financed from Hash funds. If we have a circle in the pub the hash cash or other committee member will pay for the down downs.
- Hares should try to agree a bag drop with the pub. If this is not possible they must let the Hare Raiser and weekly email know so that hashers can be warned in advance.
- Advanced Registration for runs is no longer mandatory, however, it as it has proved useful for Haberdash, Hash Cash and providing the Hare with an indicative pack size we will continue to encourage registration and the link will continue to appear in the weekly and on website, so please continue to register if you can.
- We continue to only take card payment for all hash fees, including the weekly run fee for those without annual membership.
- We will revert to the pack starting the run together at 19.15 hours, as it was before the pandemic. Hares should endeavor to keep the pack together by using traditional haring techniques such as checks, false trails and short cuts for walkers, and arrange for checks to marked through after they have been called.
- The Hare raiser must be notified in advance of any special arrangements for the run which vary from the above and these will be announced in the weekly e-mail and on the website ahead of time.
- Runs should start from the pub again unless impractical. The Hare Raiser should be notified in advance if a run is to be an A to B and this will be clearly stated in the weekly email.
- The weekly email announcing runs will continue to be sent at the beginning of the week and any derogation from the above protocols which the pack may need know about should be notified to the West London weekly email address by the Hare by the Monday before the run at the latest.
Hare – Ryde
Registration is required for all participants in West London runs during the current pandemic. If you plan to come on this run please register ASAP by using This link
This week’s run will start from The Forester, 2 Leighton Road, Ealing, London W13 9EP map link. The nearest station is Northfields Tube on the Piccadilly Line and there will be a trail of chalk P arrows from that station to help you find the pub. It will be a staggered start, runners should start between 18.45 and 19.00 hours, walkers can start any time after 18.30. Runners starting after 18.50 should mark through checks when they are called. The Pub will provide bag storage, speak to the staff about this if the Hare is not available. Please do not start any earlier than the above times as the Hare will be setting the trail alone and it would put her under undue pressure.
There will be drink stop on trail which will not be open before 19.30 hours and the Hare has booked tables for at least 24 Hashers in the public bar of the Foresters for after run drinks. Hashers who would prefer to drink in the open air are free to make their own arrangements with the pub to book a table in their Garden.
Hare – Dunny Penny
Registration is required for all participants in West London runs during the current pandemic. If you plan to come on this run please register ASAP by using This Link.
The trail will start from Teddington Lock, near The Anglers pub, Map Link and there will be a trail of chalk P arrows from Teddington station to guide you to the start point. Start on trail any time after 18.30 hours, the faster you run the later you should start. The trail will be 9 km long with shortcuts. Duration: 50 – 60 mins for runners and about the same for SCBs. There will be a drink stop on trail which will be open from 19:20 hours. The Hare has booked a large number of tables for us in the garden of the Anglers from 20:00 hours, this will be about 5 mins walk from the drink drink stop. Entry to the pub will be via top secret password to be revealed in confidence at the drink stop.
Tips from the Hare: The trail uses a small area, and is will be very tightly marked to take us through some great terrain. There will be few checks to keep you on the best bits of the area. FOLLOW THE TRAIL MARKINGS – especially important in the first 5km / 30 minutes, if you try to be clever and/or use local knowledge to jump across to runners you see in the distance you will not only miss out on some lovely territory but could end up getting very confused and running round in ever decreasing circle until you disappear up your own bum.
The drink stop is not the main event, please support our local hospitality industry by attending the pub after the run. The Hare may need to adjust our booking according to how many register, so please register ASAP using the above link, we have re-introduced the field on the registration form to indicate whether or not you plan to come to the pub after the run, please use this.
The Hare will be available on the WLH3 runners on trail Whatsapp group from 18:30 to 20:30 to help out the challenged.
We cannot of course hold any real Hash runs at the moment, but we will hold another virtual circle
this Thursday evening at 20.30 hours
. Click on This Link
to join in the circle. The meeting will be open from 20.15 hours.
Our hare for the evening will be KMA.
Those of you who have not already installed the Zoom app on your device may wish to Install Zoom
in advance, not strictly necessary but might save time on the night. Please observe the following points of etiquette for our Zoom circles.
- Keep your microphone muted until you wish to speak, otherwise the call will be drowned out by a mush of background noise.
- If an RA is in evidence, please wait until you are called on to respond before unmuting your mic.
- If you wish to attract the RA’s attention use the ‘raise hand’ button in Zoom to indicate that you want to speak (similar to placing your glass on your head in the Circle).
- If you wish to make a particular point of order to the RA, use the chat feature in Zoom.
- Seek permission from the RA or session administrator before sharing your screen with the group.
Run nr 1713 – Coach & Horses, 27 Barnes High Street, London, SW13 9LW
A bagsitter may be needed
Hare: Roll Back
P-trail from Barnes Bridge Station (National Rail)
Here is a map showing locations of some of the WLH runs during 2016. Clicking on a run location will allow you to view the trail for that run.
Hopefully this will be helpful if you are a hare trying to decide where to set your next trail.
Run Nr 1536 – Ship, 10 Thames Bank, London SW14 7QR.
P-trail from Mortlake national rail station